Global Lambda Integrated Facility

[GLIF rap] Draft Agenda for GLIF RAP Working Group

  • Subject: [GLIF rap] Draft Agenda for GLIF RAP Working Group
  • From: Maxine Brown <maxine@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:12:26 -0500

All,

The RAP WG meeting will be held during the upcoming GLIF meeting on 17 September, 16:00–18:00 <http://www.ces.net/glif2007/prog/>. Below is a draft agenda for our meeting.

Please let me know if you would like to give a brief presentation. Or, you can provide me with a single PPT that describes an application that uses, or needs, GLIF infrastructure, which I will compile and present during the RAP meeting, and then again during the GLIF closing plenary. (A TEMPLATE for what application information to provide is listed below.)

Information from the RAP Working Group meeting will be compiled and put on the GLIF APPLICATIONS website after the Prague meeting <http://www.glif.is/apps/>.

See you soon!

Maxine Brown and Larry Smarr
GLIF RAP co-chairs

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Research and Applications (RAP) Working Group Meeting -- DRAFT AGENDA

1. General Review of GLIF RAP Goals - Maxine Brown

2. Application Presentations (short 5-10 minute presentations)
     a. Multi-layer path finding with NDL - Freek Dijkstra, University of Amsterdam
     b. International High Performance Digital Media with Optical Multicast - Joe Mambretti, Northwestern University
     c. Self-organizing collaborative environments - Petr Holub, Masaryk University
     d. Pure optical multicast - Petr Holub, Masaryk University
     e. CineGrid - Laurin Herr, Pacific Interface, Inc. and CineGrid.org
     f. Global Lambda Visualization Facility - Jason Leigh, Luc Renambot, University of Illinois at Chicago
     g. Others?

3. Application Compilation (submitted by GLIF participants) - Maxine Brown

4. Discussion of global research opportunities (country roadmaps, research initiatives, and/or industry hardware/software research) - All

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
TEMPLATE FOR APPLICATION DESCRIPTIONS
Send me one PPT per application, or send a WORD document with the following information and I will create a PPT. To see current GLIF applications, look at <www.glif.is/apps/>.

TITLE