Global Lambda Integrated Facility

[GLIF rap] Draft Agenda for GLIF RAP Working Group

  • Subject: [GLIF rap] Draft Agenda for GLIF RAP Working Group
  • From: Maxine Brown <maxine@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:31:05 -0500

All,

The RAP WG meeting will be held during the upcoming GLIF meeting on 17 September, 16:00–18:00 <http://www.ces.net/glif2007/prog/>. Below is a draft agenda for our meeting. Please let me know if you have any edits/additions, or if you would like to give a brief presentation.

Maxine

Research and Applications (RAP) Working Group Meeting -- Draft Agenda
The following information will be compiled and put on the GLIF APPLICATIONS website after the Prague meeting <http://www.glif.is/apps/>.

* GENERAL REVIEW OF GLIF RAP GOALS - Maxine Brown
The goal of the RAP working group is to train a new generation of researchers from academia, government and industry on the use of super-networks. GLIF RAP is creating a repository of teaching materials, journal articles and pointers to real-world "living on the LambdaGrid" efforts, but additional input is needed.

* APPLICATIONS - All
Prior to the meeting, send Maxine <maxine@xxxxxxx> PPTs of applications that use, or need, GLIF infrastructure. How are lambdas changing the way domain scientists work? (A TEMPLATE for what information to provide is listed below.)

* INFRASTRUCTURE - Laurin Herr (CineGrid), Jason Leigh (GLVF), others?
What persistent interconnections exist among GLIF sites (e.g., CineGrid, GLVF), enabling scientists to start using the infrastructure instead of trying to get commitments to build it?

* RESEARCH - All
Are there country roadmaps, country research initiatives, and/or industry hardware/software research regarding lambdas we need to be aware of?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
TEMPLATE FOR APPLICATION DESCRIPTIONS
Send me one PPT per application, or send a WORD document with the following information and I will create a PPT. To see current GLIF applications, look at <www.glif.is/apps/>.

TITLE