Global Lambda Integrated Facility

Subject Re: Global ID variants
From Ronald van der Pol <Ronald.vanderPol@xxxxxxxx>
Date Fri, 3 Oct 2008 02:27:39 +0200

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 17:46:33 -0600, Jeff W. Boote wrote:

> In the room this morning the vote was something like 15-3 in favor of
> the ogf prefix... Are we really looking for 100% consensus?

Yes, but which version?
urn:ogf:network:<domain>:<local>
or
urn:ogf:network:domain=<domain>:key1=<value1>:key2=<value2>:...:<local>
or
something else?

We need to agree on the format first. Than we need to go through the
IANA process. This will take some time. And we have real operational
problems today.

What I am proposing is to use the variant without the prefix for
operations. That is the <domain>:<local> variant, e.g.
starlight.startap.net:chi-van-42
netherlight.net:5001
es.net:4005
dcn.internet2.edu:6811
etc.

When we want to use these identifiers in a web services context,
we add urn:ogf:....

	rvdp