Global Lambda Integrated Facility

Subject Re: Terminology discussion
From Victor Reijs <victor.reijs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:39:30 +0100

Hello Freek,

Freek Dijkstra wrote:
Well, and in GLIF it's now (propesedly) called:
GLIF Open LightPath Exchange (GOLE), lambda and LightPath

Yes, I do think these particular words sucks. It's loosy. (I would obviously prefer my words), but at least it avoids confusion, so I'm fine using these words in this community.

I think any wording is indeed good (as long as it is defined), but what is more important is what the term means. I wonder if these terms are already mentioned in or equivalent with the ones I looked at;-)

http://www.terena.nl/tech/task-forces/tf-ngn/tf-ngn15/20040930_vr_p2p_connections.pdf

All the best,

Victor