Global Lambda Integrated Facility

[rap] Call for Presentations for GLIF RAP Working Group

  • Subject: [rap] Call for Presentations for GLIF RAP Working Group
  • From: Maxine Brown <maxine@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 16:38:53 -0500

Dear GLIF participants,

In preparation for the annual GLIF 2010 meeting in Geneva this October, I am soliciting short (~20 minute) presentations for the GLIF Research & Applications (RAP) Working Group.

As we have done previously, people doing real-time bandwidth-intensive demonstrations at GLIF 2010 are invited to give presentations during the RAP working group breakout. Please email me if interested. (NOTE: GLIF demo proposals are due 31 August 2010; send to the GLIF Secretariat, Peter Szegedi <szegedi@xxxxxxxxxx>.)

In addition, I would like to solicit presentations about recent (that is, in the past 12 months) bandwidth-intensive application developments in several key areas:
* high-energy physics
* climate change (includes environmental science and "green" activities)
* telemedicine
* arts & media

If you are interested in giving a presentation, please contact me and provide a short paragraph summary. We have limited time during the working group meetings, so I will try to accommodate as many presentations as I can.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Maxine Brown
Co-chair, GLIF RAP Working Group
maxine@xxxxxxx