Global Lambda Integrated Facility

Subject Re: globally unique identifiers for lightpaths?
From Erik-Jan Bos <erik-jan.bos@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 19:26:29 +0100

Hi Ronald and Dave:

I too support the global naming of lightpath. As one of the "design
criteria" I think it should adhere to the KISS principle as much as
possible.

Hence, I think that the system we come up with should:
* Ensure uniqueness.
* Be maintenance free as much as possible (i.e. a name should not change
when one of the characteristics of the lightpath changes).
* Avoid any notion of a central authority or repository.
* Be able to generate a name on the spot by an organization (i.e.
without going back and forth with one or more peer organizations).

Hope this helps.

__

Erik-Jan.