Global Lambda Integrated Facility

RE: RE: GLIF subgroup on Global Lightpath IDs

  • Subject: RE: RE: GLIF subgroup on Global Lightpath IDs
  • From: "Tom Lehman" <tlehman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 18:39:44 -0400

Ronald,

thanks for the feedback.  i am mostly in agreement with your points.  the
main objective is to have an identifier, which can be presented to other
systems to get more data.  and hopefully we do not need to have centralized
databases to make all this work.

and as you describe, perhaps the perfsonar community will converge on
solution that will be able to handle these functions as part of their
distributed lookup service.

regards,
Tom