Global Lambda Integrated Facility

[GLIF tech] GLIF Tech Winter 2011 meeting

  • Subject: [GLIF tech] GLIF Tech Winter 2011 meeting
  • From: Erik-Jan Bos <erik-jan.bos@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 08:36:53 +0200

Dear GLIF Tech participants:

While the preparations for the upcoming 10th Annual Global LambdaGrid
Workshop in Geneva, Switzerland on 13-14 October 2010 are in full swing,
your co-chairs and the GLIF Secretariat have been looking at the GLIF
Tech Winter 2011 meeting already.

Basically, we see two options to co-locate with a large event in the Q1
time frame:
1) Winter 2011 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs in Clemson, SC, USA, on
January 30 - February 3, 2011.
2) APRICOT-APAN 2011 in Hong Kong, China on February 21 - 25, 2011.

After weighing the pros and cons of each venue, we propose to organize
the GLIF Tech Winter 2011 meeting to be co-located with APRICOT-APAN
2011 in Hong Kong for two reasons:
1. Having the meeting the end of February provides better spacing
between our Geneva meeting and the winter meeting, rather than end of
January.
2. We had our Winter 2010 meeting in North America, and our Winter 2009
meeting in Europe. Our Winter 2011 meeting in AP-region would make a
nice balance.

I talked to Jacqueline Brown, chair of the programme committee for APAN,
and she is happy to accommodate our GLIF Winter 2011 meeting in Hong
Kong, in the APRICOT-APAN week.

In case you would have a concern about bringing the GLIF Tech Winter
2011 meeting to Hong Kong around the end of February, please contact
Gigi and me either off or on list, within the next two weeks. If we do
not meet show stoppers before June 27, 2010, we will go ahead as
proposed above and work with Jacqueline and her team to fit us in into
APRICOT-APAN 2011.

Thank you and best regards,

__

Erik-Jan Bos