Governance and Growth Working Group
Chair: Kees Neggers, SURF
Secretary: Kevin Meynell
Goal of the Working Group
The goal of the working group is to identify future objectives in terms of lambdas, connections and applications support, and to decide what cross-domain policies need to be put in place. In particular, the working group looks into:
- The overall objectives and ways of working of the GLIF.
- The formulation of GLIF policies.
- Any rules concerning the participation in the GLIF.
- The supervision of the GLIF Secretariat, which has been outsourced to TERENA.
The working group is guided by the principle that participation in the GLIF should be open to any owner or custodian of lambda infrastructure (lightpaths, exchange points, etc.,) that is willing and able to make that infrastructure available to other GLIF participants on an agreed basis when it is not required for its own needs. The GLIF participants pool their excess resources for the collective good of their communities. The evolving GLIF governance structure should be extremely lightweight and consistent with this co-operative spirit.
The next meeting will be held on 28 September 2015 at the 15th Annual Global LambdaGrid Workshop in Prague, Czech Republic
- Governance WG meeting #12 - 29 September 2014, Queenstown, New Zealand
- Governance WG meeting #11 - 2 October 2013, Singapore
- Governance WG meeting #10 - 12 October 2012, Chicago, USA
- Governance WG meeting #9 - 14 September 2011, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Governance WG meeting #8 - 14 October 2010, Geneva, Switzerland
- Governance WG meeting #7 - 28 October 2009, Daejeon, South Korea
- Governance WG meeting #6 - 2 October 2008, Seattle, USA
- Governance WG meeting #5 - 18 September 2007, Prague, Czech Republic
- Governance WG meeting #4 - 12 September 2006, Tokyo, Japan
- Governance WG meeting #3 - 30 September 2005, San Diego, USA
- Governance WG meeting #2 - 2-3 September 2004, Nottingham, UK
- Governance WG meeting #1 - 27 August 2003, Reykjavik, Iceland
- Sponsorship Structure 2013 - 24 October 2012
- Sponsorship and Continuity of Funding Proposal - 15 August 2012
- Role of Open Exchanges in the evolution of global research and education networking - 19 May 2011
- Open Exchange Point Discussion Meeting - 20 April 2011, Arlington, United States
If you are interested in the activities of the working group, please consider joining the mailing list <email@example.com>. Click here to subscribe.
The mailing list archive is also available.