Global Lambda Integrated Facility

Subject GLIF Tech agenda input request
From Rene Hatem <rene.hatem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 23:01:24 -0400

Hello GLIF Technical Issues Working Group participants,

The annual all-hands GLIF meeting is coming up fast. Session have been organized as can be seen at
http://www.glif.is/meetings/2007/schedule.html

As discussed at the last meeting, we'd like to solicit your input on the agenda/program. Specifically we have two questions. For both questions, suggestions/proposals thus far received are listed below. Please add to lists and/or rank what's there.

1) What problem(s) do you think Tech sould be tackling today to move us closer to the GLIF vision?
- GLIF Open Lightpath Exchange Updates
- Preparations for SC07
- TL1 Toolkit
- Service Contracting & Fault Resolution Process
- Issue Analysis Hybrid Networks
- NDL
- PerfSONAR (or similar tools dedicated to lightpaths)
- Security aspects/problems in a lightpath environment
- Virtualised networks / Articulated Private Networks (as in meshes of lightpaths and going beyond
point-to-point links)
- VLAN-based lightpaths
- Visualization of Lightpath capacity on GLIF lambdas
- Lack (or excess) of global Lightpath demand
- SURFnet "Enlighten your Research" program results
- AARnet "EN4R" program and results

2) What discussion would you like to lead, or presentation make?
- exporting NDL from GMPLS data / GMPLS network simulation: Jeroen van der Ham + Chris Tracy - experiences with the "The ordering and fault resolution process for multi-domain Lightpaths across hybrid networks": Ronald van der Pol
- interdomain monitoring requirements: Ronald van der Pol

We look forward to hearing from you.

Erik-Jan Bos
René Hatem