Global Lambda Integrated Facility

Subject Re: [GLIF tec] Buffering discussion
From Victor Reijs <victor.reijs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:57:31 +0000

Hello Steve,

Sorry I was not at the GLIF meeting (personal issues), but I am
wondering what the outcome or progress of this buffering discussion was.

In some way I don't like to use bufferring, makes me remind me of the
ATm times;-). By the way the buffering needed is quiet small or not,
only some 10 MByte for a long 10 GE link, so in some way it is doable, I
assume this 10 MByte is independant of the number of active tcp flows
(or is it per ftp flow?).
{Sorry, perphas this all has been discussed at the meeting....)

Here at HEAnet we had some brainstorm stimulated by this buffering
e-mail, and we came up with a wild idea;-).
I will send this wild idea soon to this list (I already send it to
another list and some feedback has been goitten, so I will adjust the
text somewhat [wild ideas always need the corret wording;-)]).

Thanks for your summary.

All the best,

Victor

Erik-Jan Bos wrote:

Tech Members,

Upon request of Steve I hereby forward his message on the buffering discussion.

__

Erik-Jan.