Welcome to GLIF!
GLIF, the Global Lambda Integrated Facility, is an international consortium that promotes the paradigm of lambda networking. GLIF provides lambdas internationally as an integrated facility to support data-intensive scientific research, and supports middleware development for lambda networking. It brings together some of the world's premier networking engineers who are working together to develop an international infrastructure by identifying equipment, connection requirements, and necessary engineering functions and services.
The GLIF participants are National Research and Education Networks (NRENs), consortia and institutions working with lambdas. Administrative support is provided by the GLIF Secretariat with financial support from sponsoring organisations.
- GLIF 2014 - Call for Demos
- 14th Annual Global LambdaGrid Workshop to be held in Queenstown, New Zealand
- AmLight supports wide-area network demonstrations in Super Computing 2013 (SC13)
- Registration opens for GLIF Technical Working Group meeting
- GLIF Automated GOLE proves NSI Connection Service v2.0 interoperability
- 100Gigabit Undersea Network Innovation Bridges Education and Science Opportunities between the United States and Latin America
- Minutes of Technical Working Group available
- Minutes of Governance Working Group available
- GLIF mixes lightpaths and innovation in Singapore
- Proceedings of 13th Annual Global LambdaGrid Workshop available
- Major Network Upgrade between Brazil and United States Enables International Collaboration and Innovation
- GLIF/OGF Techs 'meuse' standards in Maastricht
- Proceedings of GLIF/OGF Techs meeting available